E-Mon IDR Interval Data Recorders collect and store
interval energy data from meters in time-stamped intervals for later download.
Whereas a meter, such as an E-Mon D-Mon submeter, continuously reads energy
usage as it occurs, an IDR collects and stores meter information at specified
time periods, allowing for profiling of meter data and more detailed comparative
analysis or billing.
The IDR collects kWh an kW demand information from meters in 5, 15, 30 or
60-minute interval periods. Data can be collected from up to 8 or 16 separate
meters/channels of information. Up to 36 days of 15-minute interval data is
stored in onboard memory. The IDR interval meter data can be accessed via a
variety of communication options including; telephone, Ethernet, ModBus, BACnet,
Internet, LonWorks TP or MV-90. Data can be used to interface with E-Mon Energy
Automatic Meter Reading & Billing software, Building Automation/Management
Systems or other energy software.
- Reads & records up to 8 or 16 E-Mon D-Mon electric
- IDR-ST model can accept contact closure type pulse
inputs from other types of meters (water, gas, BTU, steam, etc.)
- RS-485 communications capability supports the
following connection configurations (or combinations not to exceed 52
devices per channel):
- Up to 52 IDR-8 interval data recorders
- Up to 26 IDR-16 interval data recorders (IDR-16 counts as two devices)
Cabling can be either daisy-chain or star configuration,
4-conductor, 24-26 AWG, up to 4,000 cable feet total per channel.
- Communications Options:
- RS-232/485 (Standard)
- Telephone Modem
- Modbus RTU or Modbus TCP/IP
- BACnet IP or BACnet MS/TP
- LonWorks TP (Twisted Pair)
- Internal data storage-36 days of 15-minute intervals.
Maintains last 36 days of data.
- Reads kWh (kilowatt-hours) and reads kW (demand) in
15, 30 or 60-minute kW periods.
- Standard IDRs do not require a separate power source
(power supplied by E-Mon D-Mon electric meters.) IDR-ST models require a
separate 120V power source (included with IDR-ST models.)
- Maintains data in case of power outage.
- Industrial-grade JIC steel enclosure with padlocking
hasp and mounting flanges. (For indoor use only.)
- Three 1 1/16" knockouts (3/4" conduit) on bottom of
- IDR data accumulators can be mounted on the inside
back wall of the MMU cabinet and shipped from the factory in one complete
- MV-90 compatible.